The Klarthe Quintet was formed by the meeting of five unusual musical personalities with the ambition to participate to the ARD International music competition in Munich, one of the biggest musical competition. The challenge was successful since the Quintet had won the third prize, the Bayerischer Rundfunk Classic online prize and the special prize of the Palazzetto Bru Zane foundation for the best interpretation of the Onslow quintet. In addition to these rewards, the five musicians have won individually several prizes. Thus, Klarthe Quintet is one of the most awarded group of its generation.
Its career goes on with a promising future. The band will perform in June at the Auvers-sur-Oise festival before going on tour in Asia during the autumn 2015. The Palazzetto Bru Zane foundation, in Venice, has invited it for several concerts in 2016 after seeing its interpretation of the Onslow quintet during the ARD competition. A disc, produced by the label Klarthe Records, will be recorded. This production will give prominence to French wind quintet music.
The five musicians play in various formations in France or abroad:
- Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Orchestre de l'Opéra National de Paris
- Mahler Chamber Orchestra
- Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France
- Hyogo Performing Arts Center
- Orchestre National de France
- Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne
- Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse
- Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte Carlo
A collection of international awards
The Klarthe Quintet members have won several prestigious awards:
- ARD International Music Competition Munich
- Concours International Jean-Pierre Rampal
- Prague Spring International Music Competition
- Concours International de Musique de Chambre d’Illzach
- Concours International Claude Debussy
- Concours International de Musique de Chambre de Lyon
- International Jan Koetsier Competition
- Concours International Léopold Bellan à Paris
- Concours International de Quintette à Vent Henri Tomasi de Marseille
Klarthe, a start-up in full expansion !
Julien Chabod and Pierre Rémondière are two founding members of Klarthe Quintet and the company Klarthe Records. They have created the company to answer a simple issue: it is becoming harder and harder for a musician to choose the artistic and financial conditions of a disc recording. They decided to create a structure which allows them to master the musical production from one hand to the other.
Thus, Klarthe saw the light of the day in January 2014. Less than one year after its creation, Klarthe Records has already produced almost ten discs and has broadened its range of services with artist management (Klarthe Management) and the edition of musical scores (Klarthe Editions).